Backstabbing friends


     
  I don't know about you guys but I've experienced a lot of back-stabbings in my life. It is really hard to overcome the feeling of betrayal  after being back stabbed  by your best friend. It crushes your heart and some times it's far more hurtful than breaking up with your girlfriend or boyfriend. A friend is a person you trust. A person who can know all of your flaws and still care about you, some one who can be trusted with your secrets. But what happens when that friend go behind your back and start talking shit about you?
    I suspect I’m not alone in feeling betrayed in this slow, insidious way. Have you lost a friendship  because the other just quit caring for the friendship?
How angry were you when you found out that your best friend betrayed you?
What did you do after that?
Are you still friends with that person?
Well in my case my problem was that I trusted my friend too much. I remember when I was in grade 8 or 9 me and my friend went for a math class since both of us were pretty bad at mathematics. And when the results of the year end examination were published she got 65% and I only had 23% for some reason she was rubbing the fact that she scored more than me in my face. Once I checked my paper I found out that the teacher hasn't corrected the two extra papers I clipped on to my paper and when I asked about this she apologized and corrected it and so my final mark turned out being a sweet 86%. My friend was furious and she spread a  rumor telling that I cheated on my mathematics paper and that I rewrote the answers so that I could get more marks.
I was shocked to hear it and I couldn't even believe that My best friend would say such thing about me.
I was angry...no I was furious I walked up to her and gave her a piece of my mind and I never ever talked to her again.
This was not the first or the last betrayal I faced...
So when I start getting older I stopped trusting people, even at school I didn't have any BEST friends. I was friends with everyone but I never told anyone about anything about me. I stopped being gloomy and hurt over what other people said  about me. I often  stood in front of the mirror and practice my fake smile and over the head facial expressions. All because I never wanted anyone to know the real me ,and so that people would stop asking questions about my mood. I make everything in to a joke and laugh it off even when people insult me to my face.
So I guess I got my current personality thanks to all the Backstabbing friends I had all these years. I never ever trust anyone. Animals could be more trustworthy than humans.
"Et tu Brute, then fall Caesar". Perhaps the most famous words in English literature speak of a betrayal of a friend. Julius Caesar is saying that if even his close friend Brutus is stabbing him, then he has no hope.
Our friends are the ones that we expect will stand by us through thick and thin. When are going through hard times, we ask that they be "like a bridge over troubled waters". If we cannot count on our friends to pull us through, then who can we count on?
Well I think one should be very lucky to have a trustworthy friend by their side. But as for the unlucky ones don't worry, either you will find a good friend in the future or you'll end up trusting your self more than anyone.
And   to know  <<How to come over the feeling of betrayal>> read my next blog...  XP  

Comments